Thursday, February 19, 2009

Splash

I tried to create a card today. I especially wanted to participate in High Hopes' most recent challenge. But due to a lack of sleep last night I just stared at my stuff, unable to get an idea in my mind. I rarely know exactly what I'm going for, but still, I didn't even have a starting point! So I headed back to my scrapbooks in progress. Thankfully I was drawn to pictures from a visit to a park in Germany that were waiting to be scrapped.

I found this sketch at Split Coast Stampers that worked perfectly, just I needed to downsize it to an 8x8 layout.



I used three different flourish stamps with a light blue ink on plain white card stock. I matted all the pictures with light blue paper, then inked them and the background paper with darker blue ink. As I positioned the pictures on the paper, it seemed that the layout was really missing something. I decided to draw on the flourishes with a darker blue gel pen. I love how that turned out! That simple action gives them so much more depth! Now they really do remind me of splashing.

As for the title, I used my cuttlebug machine to cut out letters from thin chipboard. Gave them a generous coating of glitter and sealed them. As I laid the letters on the paper, they didn't stand out quite enough, now the flourishes were to strong! So I muted the background a bit by laying a piece of vellum where my title would be. Added borders of the same paper used to mat the pics, and it looks great. And of course, had to add a couple flowers. I wish I had some embellishments a bit more suitable for the theme, but they're all I had, and their colors match fantastically!

No comments:

Post a Comment