Friday, February 20, 2009

Simply Special

Though I don't post much, I do visit the Splitcoast Stampers forum a lot. I love that about every month the membership pulls together and makes some cards for a cause. This month's cause happens to be the Lydia Project. This is a great organization that serves women facing cancer by providing hand-crafted tote bags, prayer and ongoing support. I know two women personally who have fought cancer and won. One of which is my own mom, who triumphed over thyroid cancer, and my hubby's step-mom, a dear sister in Christ, who fought a bitter battle with Breast Cancer.

They requested the cards be kept simple, to help keep down the cost of postage, so these will not be fancy and laden with embellishments. But I think they are special none the less. Simply special I'd say.

I immediately reached for my scriptural vellum stack I bought some time ago. I don't know how any woman could get through something as big as Cancer without having Jesus to carry them through.


The sentiment is mounted on a marble blue paper, which reminds me sort of like a blue sky. The beautiful yellow paper below it is from a hand made paper pack I got a while ago. I love the colors in it. I placed a bow along the top. The inside of the card is lined with the same marble blue paper mentioned earlier.


When browsing through Walmart's discount section yesterday, I found this beautiful ribbon. It was marked as Valentines, but it feels much more like a spring ribbon to me. Anyhow, I knew I wanted to use this, so I grabbed some purple paper with subtle white flowers from memory makers and mounted another encouraging scripture vellum on white card stock that had been inked around the edges with purple chalk ink.

They're collecting cards for this organization through March, so I hope to do more but this is what I got done last night. I love the fact that my hobby both gives me an outlet for my creative side, and yet still has an impact on others. How fantastic is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment