Monday, February 16, 2009

Back in Time...

Before I loved Card Making, I loved Scrapbooking. But ever since I was taken over by Card Making, my Scrapbooking hobby has been ignored. For whatever reason, earlier this week, I pulled out the last scrapbook I had been working on. We lived in Germany from 2003 - 2006, I wanted a scrapbook to capture what our lives were like there. It's now 2009 and I've barely gotten a few pages done! I had been working on a layout for our visit to the Zoo.



It's not nearly as 'pretty' as the cards I do. The fabulous thing about Scrapbooking is it's different to different people. There's no right or wrong way. Some people make their layouts little works of art. I've seen many layouts that focus on one picture and have a ton of embellishments. I love the artwork involved in that, but it just doesn't suit my reason for scrapbooking.

I've seen pictures from my parent's generation and older. Some I sit and wonder who the people are, what's the story behind the picture? So I like to have a lot of journaling in my layouts. I want a story to be told for future generations. I want to spark the memory of our kids who were so little at the time.

So this layout is very busy, lots of pictures. But it does it's job in capturing a day of our adventures in Germany. My daughter helped by making the lion, monkey and elephant with her CuttleKids machine. I love how we can work together on capturing our family's story! Now I'm wondering how long it'll be before I get the next one done!

No comments:

Post a Comment