Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pink Christmas Card

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted! I have made a few cards, but they've all been for someonelse's blog, so I haven't been able to share them here. I'm hoping to squeeze in a little card making this coming week. Sometimes life just gets hectic!

Anyhow, this card I made for my Design Team submission for the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round February Challenge. The challenge? To use Valentine's Day colors on a Christmas Card. Oh, and don't forget to use hearts! At first I thought this would be quite a silly Christmas Card, but I think it actually turned out cute! It's definitely for a girl, but it isn't like most Christmas Cards!



There's actually quite a few steps that went into this, though I did have a lot of fun with it. I chose pink paper with white polka dots thinking they would kind of resemble snow. I cut several hearts out at different sizes, outlined them with pink marker, turned them upside down and created a Christmas tree! Lined them with glue and added clear flakes to it. Add two ribbons as a tree topper, and it's a pink Christmas Tree.

The white paper with silver star bursts is from that Natural Paper pack I mentioned a few posts back. I love that pack. Anyhow, the rest is pretty obvious, pink brads on the rounded corners to finish it off. I'm looking forward to Christmas time, when I'll open up my card box and see such a great variety of cards ready to be mailed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment