Monday, January 12, 2009

High Hopes Challenge 13 - Dry Embossing

This weeks challenge over at the High Hopes Blog calls for Dry Embossing. Believe it or not I started with Dry Embossing before I ever gave traditional embossing a shot. I ended up using both on this card.



Since I made Valentines for my boys with the last challenge, I thought I'd make Valentines for my daughters this time around. The background paper was embossed with my cuttlebug, then I chalked it with shimmer pastels. I really do like those chalks! A simple purple ribbon runs across it. I lack stamps appropriate so I printed out a simple sentiment then cut and embossed with the Label 2 Nestability. The little butterfly was a stamp I did in pink, then outlined it with marker, I added some embossing powder for a little glitz.

I didn't realize the little purple heart on the flowers looks like it's falling in this pic. It's weird how you don't notice things until after you've taken a picture. I think they turned out really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment