Friday, December 19, 2008

Can't all be winners

Yay! Time to post a card on here finally. The kids and I have been crafting presents for their school mates, I've been doing cards to turn in to different places, it's weird that none of these items have made my blog yet. Finally, I have something. I stayed up till midnight making it, when I probably should have sat it down, got a little bit of sleep and returned to it later. Oh well... so is life.



Anyhow, the center item took me for what seemed ever! I cut it out with my Cricut Christmas Cheer Cartridge, sponged over the leaves, then traced their lines with marker, and used a white gel pen to add highlights to them. Then I repeated the process with the red berries. I colored in the ribbon with my new Prisma Pencils (thank you grandma!) and took the baby oil to it. I embossed some golden flourishes on the "calling" card along with it's sentiment.

Once I was done with it, I thought it was beautiful. Now I think I should have stopped there, but I was determined to finish it! So I scored some grid lines to frame it on the background paper at about 1/8" apart. It still missed something so I added three Christmas Red brads in the lower corner. I do like it but it feels like it's missing something. I don't know what it is though. It's still a nice card, and heaven knows I spent long enough on it! :)

So it just goes to show, that not every card is a "winner". Though my precious daughter ensures me that it's pretty. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just left a comment on your daughter's blog. She's good!

    I like the card you made and think you made the right choice. ;)

    ReplyDelete