Monday, January 10, 2011

Fabulous Birthday


I finally found a few moments to make a card. I've been a bit overwhelmed with other responsibilities lately, it was so nice to be able to make a card for an upcoming friend's birthday.

Some of the inspiration came from a challenge at Scrapbook & Cards Today. I love the look when white is given a bold burst of color. Silke is the master of this sort of elegant simplicity.

The other bit of inspiration came from a conversation I had with friends at church yesterday. I made the comment that my cuttlebug never gets used anymore. It seems pretty useless for die cutting in the day and age of Make-the-Cut and Cricut. So I returned to the machine that got me started, and used it for embossing the background of this card, as well as using my Spellbinder dies to cut out the Birthday Bella.

All in all, I think it's a great simple card. I wish I had done two, one to send and one for my stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment