Monday, January 4, 2010

Cute Cole

I'm back with another card!, and I'm glad to report that I seem to have gotten my mojo back! Though the card is simple, I really did enjoy creating this one. Too bad a good friend had to mess up his ankle for me to get creative again! I'm sure that having my papers organized helped me out too! I'm the sort of person that needs easy access to her stuff to create. All my paper being in a big ol pile wasn't helping me. Anyhow... enough of my rambling.



Isn't he the cutest? I had gotten this Cole's Laid Up stamp from High Hopes quite a while ago, and just hadn't had the opportunity to use it yet. When my Pastor friend hurt his ankle I knew this stamp would be perfect. The sentiment inside says "Hope you are back on your feet soon."

After I stamped the cutie I colored him in with my Prisma markers. While I'd love to have some Copics, these were a much more affordable option when I got them. I masked him and sponged around him by applying my inkpad (Color Pad's Cream Brown) directly to the paper. I got this cool speckled look that's great. Layered him on some papers and put some eyelets in the corner. If this card were for a girl, I would have girled it up with ribbon or something, but since it's for a man I wanted to stay away from frilly stuff.

Prisma Colors used:
Sienna Brown, Eggshell, Cherry, Dark Green, Eggplant, Golden Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment