Monday, March 16, 2009

CSAD #197

I was tickled pink to be able to do two more cards for the Card Sketch A Day Blog by Susan.

This time I used her great sketch to make two different cards.



This birthday card seems simple and elegant. It's not my usual style, but I like how it turned out. The sentiment strip is a piece of paper that's been embossed, stamped and has double sided tape wrapped around the top and bottom. I then sprinkled a hefty dose of silver glitter giving it a nice border. It's definitely something I'd like to experiment with in different colors for different occasions!



This card varies from the sketch a little more. I straightened out the four squares, added some space between them, and straightened out the sentiment. I'm pleased with how it turned out, not to mention it was supposed to somewhat match the announcements I had made for the same friend. I'm so glad her adorable baby girl is here now!

Sketches are a great tool, they give you a great starting place and you can totally customize them to give unique cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment