Thursday, February 5, 2009

Smile

Whew! I finally got some time today to make a card. It's been a while since I've brightened my grandmother's day, so I wanted to make a simple card for her. This last week and a half has been unbelievably challenging for me. I've forgotten how spending some time on a simple gesture for someone else seems to brighten my own disposition as well! It doesn't hurt that we're actually warm and sunshiny today!



I started off by rummaging through my drawer of forgottens. This is a drawer that I stick things in and then forget about them! (Not intentionally, but that is what happens!) I found three stacks of vellum quotes that I can't recall ever actually using! That's where I found the smile sentiment. It's so simple and cheerful I head to my paper to pick out some coordinating papers. I think the hint of yellow helps add to it's cheerfulness.

I couldn't find a main paper that did the trick for me, so I created my own. Cut a square of white card stock, sponged some colors on it, and inked the edges. It was still missing something, so I stamped a few random flowers in white embossing ink and added clear embossing powder. The effect is very subtle, but just enough to add some details.

I decided to place the sentiment off center and add a flower folded in half to the far left side with a gem as it's center. I thought the dome button was the perfect addition to sit atop the "i". The card still seemed to be missing something, so I decided to add a ribbon. The fact that it's a sheer ribbon helps to not visually weigh it down. I'm happy with it, I think it's cute, and I'm sure it'll do it's job once it reaches it's destination. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment