Thursday, February 18, 2010

Different 1st Birthday

I'm still struggling to get my mojo back from my weekend long scrap fest over a week ago! Thankfully I have some occasions coming up so I have things I need to make. One such thing is my nephew's first birthday in March! Unfortunately, due to our military lifestyle I haven't been able to see the cutie in person, but my sis is good at sending pics. :)



This is so not a traditional baby's first birthday card! This is what happens when I have a blank slate and no idea of where I want to go with it. I knew I wanted to play with the new papers I graciously got in the mail from Heidi at Cropstar, but that was about it.

I cut the two cupcake pieces with my cricut, and ran the bottom half through my crimper. I LOVE the texture it gives, and it's been far too long since I've used my crimper. lol I inked the edges of the 'frosting' then added bridal embossing powder and a few gems to give it sparkle.



I applied it to the card front with thick adhesive to give it dimension. So though it isn't traditional, I do think it's cute, even if it is lacking something. That's what happens when I let my mojo guide me. Sometimes I end up at a place far greater than I had hoped, and other times I end up with okay. But at least I had fun getting there! And let's face it, my nephew is turning one, not like he's going to care, he'll be happy with the toy that accompanies the card. lol

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise! Just finally had a chance to visit your blog and see your lovely work. I love what you did with the paper! And that cupcake with the crimped bottom is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    Heidi :)

    ReplyDelete