Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Coupon Organizer

I may not be the most in-style mom on the block, but now I will have the cutest coupon organizer in any grocery store I shop!



As the leading lady in a family of six living off of one income, you have to do what you have to do to make ends meet. That includes clipping coupons from the Sunday paper. We've been in Alabama for a month now, and the envelope I had been using has become disorganized, so I decided to make something to help me get organized. I followed this tutorial here, but with some minor tweaks of my own. I used two over sized eyelets to fashion a closure much like those old vanilla envelopes. Using brown embroidery thread I make a figure eight around the eyelets to keep it snugly closed. I didn't want to add a ton of embellishments as this will be going in my purse on our grocery trips.



I still need to add my labels, but I'm looking forward to using this next time I head to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment